Web Programmer/Software Engineer
Old Greenwich, CT 06870
Web Programmer / Software Engineer (wqweb)
The WorldQuant Web team is looking for a web developer to join our team.
The WQ Web team creates and maintains web based applications both for Internal and External use.?
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning, developing, and maintaining web based applications
- Application development will include all phases from planning and design, writing code and business rules to documentation and end user education
- Troubleshooting and fixing problems that arise in existing systems
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing software applications in web environment
- 3?+ years of experience in a web development environment.?
- Solid background in Unix/Linux environment
- Basic shell scripting
- Expert level in scripting languages such as Perl, PHP or Python
- Expert level in SQL databases (MySql)
- Solid problem solving ability
Previous knowledge about finance is not required but a great plus
Position is based in Old Greenwich, CT.
Notes from Manager: Heavy on the web development... No particular educational requirements. Versitile people. Linux, Unix, Perl, Lamp. VERY WEB oriented but need server side too.