370 Lexington Avenue Suite 205 New York, NY 10017
Build Cisco-based IP phone system independently from the box to the production environment.
Act as company-wide technology engineering, implementation, support and resource for Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Call Manager Express (CUCME), Unity Connection and Unity Express voicemail applications (CUE/CUC) and Cisco Unified Presence Server (CUPS) and its intended features.
Take part in present VoIP projects for the firm, including
- Provide day-to-day support, perform complex troubleshooting and proactive maintenance when needed.
- Meet with clients and gather all requirements based on number of people, locations, DR design, and home offices.
- Plan design, install, implement & document collaboration solutions and endpoint configuration.
- Develop parts quote, work with purchasing as well as explain and modify as necessary with client.
- Partner with other Edge engineers and develop best practices around CUCM design and configuration.
- Ability to perform upgrades and installation within scheduled maintenance periods.
- Ensure documentation, user training and finalization of projects.
- Responsible for technical support and troubleshooting on all aspects of IP based telephone system on the enterprise network.
- Participates in an on-call rotation with the Voice Services team.’
- Implement requested features enhancement such as Single Number Reach, Call Forwarding, Extension Mobility, and Unified Messaging etc.
- Provide training to Operation team members.
- Keep current on new technologies and applications.
- Obtain or maintain required career certifications for partnership with key vendors
- Daily monitoring and management of IP telephony infrastructure including routers, switches, and carrier circuits.
· Ensure client SLA’ s-Participateare inmet24/7. on-call rotation.
- Project Management and Process Improvement
- Ensure IT projects are delivered on time and exceed business expectations.
- Work with Project Managers to communicate regular project status updates, and meet project implementation goals.
- Develop and apply auditing specifications to ensure technical integrity of the networking systems on a semi-regular basis.
- Strong client management and communications skills, Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines effectively.
Consulting and Client Service
- Provide strong working knowledge of vendor market, product families and selection criteria.
- Support sales cycle by providing system specifications and sales engineering support.
- Partner with business development in on-site and phone meetings, design sessions and demo presentations.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have leading edge Cisco engineering, design and extensive operations experience, supporting multiple demanding external clients for whom IT and voice infrastructure systems is considered mission critical.
The candidate will have demonstrated strong technical and business judgment and equally effective client communication skills. Along with a proven ability to improve process as well as provide timely and effective day to day operational support.
The talented person will have a minimum of three years experience as a
Cisco Voice System Engineer including:
Strong Cisco-based IP telephony application experience
- Cisco Unified Call Manager 7x – 11.x
- Cisco Unity Connection 7x – 11.x
- Cisco Unified Presence 8x – 11.x
- Call Manager Express 7x – 11.x
- Unity Express 7x – 11.x
- Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBEs)
Experience with voice technology & protocols T1 / E1, CAS, CCS, PRI, SIP, MGCP, H323, Codecs, SRST, RTMT, VMWare, Wireshark
Strong understanding of Cisco IOS product switches and routers. The ability to troubleshoot networks as it pertains to Cisco Voice technology. Have a clear understanding of ip networks, switching and routing, as applied in design and troubleshooting.