VP of Product
16 W 22nd Street New York, NY 10010
We' re looking for someone who is highly experienced, analytical, pragmatic, and creative. Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ ll be a valuable member of the executive team and guide our product to have an immense impact on our creators’ success. Responsibilities
- Establish a long-term product strategy in alignment with the company’ s business, technical, and product goals.
- Collaborate closely with engineering leadership to implement and iterate on efficient SDLC (software development lifecycle), quarterly planning, and release processes.
- Lead and mentor a Product Org of 7 consisting of 3 Product Managers and 4 Designers
- Be a member of the executive leadership team, informing all major strategic decisions and helping us shape the culture.
- Communicate and evangelize our product strategy to the company.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Marketing, Customer Operations, and Leadership members to ensure both strategic alignment and tactical progress towards our product goals.
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in a leadership role at a high-growth tech startup
- You have experience managing and developing Product Managers.
- You have experience working closely with (ideally having managed and lead) a team of designers.
- You’ re someone who values ruthless prioritization and cross-team alignment. You can balance technical feasibility concerns along with user experience and business goals, weighing quick wins with long-term investments appropriately.
- You’ re data-driven, with a deep understanding of metrics and quantitative goal-setting and its impact on prioritization.
- You have a sharp product sense and taste for good design.
- You’ re someone who is empathetic with customer needs and ensures the output of our technology team addresses them.
- You are a natural leader who relishes the opportunity to build systems, celebrate successes and push your team members to the next level.
- You’ re a systems thinker, and have the ability to suggest, implement, and iterate efficient internal processes to streamline productivity.
- You are a natural written and verbal communicator, and can explain and synthesize complexity with ease. You can maintain high-trust relationships with colleagues and direct reports.
- You’ re a problem-solver who can help address roadblocks and take on complex problems as needed.
- Experience as a former designer or engineer