Jersey City, NJ 07032
This UI Engineer position is part of our application development team and is responsible for the engineering, use and integration of front-end development technologies to create internal and/or external standards-compliant internet pages and web-applications that implement cleanly across different browsers and devices. This position is in a fully agile development team working on a given subject area. They will interface with their development team and mentor other UI Engineers and team members.
Specifically, this job will be geared towards developing against the HTML5 specification for distribution to mobile devices, both through traditional HTTP browser delivery as well as device-specific applications. Applicants must demonstrate prior experience developing HTML5 sites and apps with available examples of those sites and apps for demonstration.
- Creating CSS-based layouts using responsive, semantic, W3C standards-compliant HTML.
- Contribute to establishment of internal HTML5/css3/js development standards.
- Reviewing and adjusting templates for W3C standards compliance and optimization.
- Use of CSS preprocessors like LESS, SASS
- Implementing SEO requirements into templates.
- Delivery of standards-compliant Application Template for projects.
- Troubleshooting of Application Templates (Django, Mobile application)
- Documentation of all Template work
- Develop process and standards for front end unit testing
- Write full unit testing and automated testing mirroring all development
- No supervisory responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- HTML5 (hand coded) with examples of applications
- Responsive design coding techniques
- Node.js and NPM
- Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration
- Test driven development
- Object Oriented Programming
- Command line Git
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Capable of managing a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Able to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram form.
- Aggressive desire to learn new applications
- Work in Linux/Apache environment
- Knowledge of cookies, including issues such as P3P
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Database familiarity
- Experience with log file analysis
- Project management experience
- PHP or other server-side scripting language
- MVC web frameworks (RoR, Django, Symfony, etc.)
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’ s degree for a four-year college or university and 2 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
As a born and raised New Yorker, it wasn’t a shock to anyone that she made her way back to the city after graduating from IU in 2012 (go Hoosiers!) A fellow camp friend referred her into the recruiting world right after graduation, and the rest, as they say, is history. When she’s not working you can find her shopping. Her claim to fame is that she was on Slime time live as a kid, and was even one of a few who was chosen to get slimmed!