425 Market St. San Francisco, CA 94105
Guided by department objectives and priorities, under minimal supervision provides organizational and substantive assistance to attorneys and paralegals within the practice group. Assignments may extend into other practice areas.
- Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
- Assist in planning and managing trademark portfolios.
- Assist with preparation, filing, prosecution and maintenance of trademark applications at U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Initiate foreign filings and correspond with foreign trademark agents regarding trademark applications.
- Monitor prosecution deadlines.
- Prepare status charts and communicate with clients regarding new and pending applications.
- Conduct on-line trademark searches and other investigatory functions.
- Organize, maintain and update files and docket information related to clients’ trademark portfolios.
- Handles due dillegence requests.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years relevant experience in practice area.
- Law firm experience highly preferred.
- Familiar working with Saegis software.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and resolving issues proactively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow complex instructions with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to research, synthesize, and communicate large amounts of complex data.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed to meet business and client needs.
- Flexibility to travel may be required.