Temp Business Development Assistant
425 Market St San Francisco, CA 94105 US
- Manage and update firm submissions calendar, coordinates reminder notifications and update meetings with BD and other relevant stakeholders, coordinates uploading and archiving of submissions and references.
- Field ad hoc questions from BD team regarding submissions strategy and provide additional submissions support as needed.
- Prepare results summaries and updates performance dashboard
Business Development Coordination
- Collaborate closely with business development managers, providing responsive, effective assistance in executing on business development plans. Apply understanding of plans, including their strategic objectives and practice group-specific needs, preferences, and industry standards. Make recommendations for improvements, taking full ownership over assignments.
- Edit, update, and maintain practice group marketing materials, including practice group descriptions, attorney biographies, and content for the website. Draft new collateral as requested.
- Assist in preparing pitches and RFPs, including research, coordinating collateral, and assembling materials. Assist in tracking results and preparing responsive reports and analyses incorporating recommendations for increasing effectiveness.
- Provide requested research using Firm and online tools to develop intelligence on prospective targets, industries, markets, etc.
- Coordinate and provide supporting research for speaking and sponsorship opportunities.
- Participate in the production and presentation of client development seminars. Coordinate details, processes, communications, arrangements, etc. through all stages of development and implementation as needed. Analyze data resulting from client development seminars and provide summaries and recommendations to support business development plans.
- Coordinate with Marketing Creative Services in applying brand standards, using firm templates, preparing files for print productions, and performing press checks.
- Participate in completing timely submissions to directories and ranking authorities.
- Participate in keeping databases current for assigned Business Development Group.
Collaborate with Marketing Managers and Staff
- Identify improvement opportunities through collecting and proactively sharing information with peers and others on the Marketing team.
- Collaborate closely with managers and staff in all areas of Marketing to ensure strong intra-departmental communication, client service, and seamless deployment of marketing programs. Develop effective relationships with other offices to facilitate business development and marketing events and services.
Client Service, Confidentiality, and Safety
- Consistently promote and model the Firm's Client Service Principles in leadership, teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
- Ensure compliance with the Firm's Information Handling Policy, including safeguarding confidential and personal information, and reporting any suspected breach appropriately and immediately.
- Adhere to the Firm's General Safety Practices and any unique safety practices for department and building.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or related field.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- High degree of motivation, with driving sense of responsibility, accountability, and responsiveness.
- Excellent writing skills. Ability to prepare focused and specialized written materials.
- Excellent attention to detail skills in all areas, including writing, copy editing, researching, and managing data.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and capability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple requests, assess priorities, and achieve solutions under deadlines. Ability to follow essential instructions.
- Talent for creating client satisfaction; demonstrated ability to focus on the client value in all work.
- Flexibility and willingness to work hours needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to keep confidential any information, observations, or viewpoints regarding firm business matters
Meet Your Recruiter
After graduating with an Associates Degree in Business Administration from Westchester Community College Dan wasn't sure exactly what he wanted to do. In February 2013 he decided to put his knack for connecting people with one another to work when he joined The Phoenix Group. When he's not in the office you can find him skiing, golfing, or spending time with his family.