201 David Boren Blvd Norman, OK 73072
As a Systems Engineer, you will have a significant impact in achieving the client' s Vision and Mission and will have a direct impact on the company and its customer base. Through your day to day activities, your key objectives are:
· Provide consistent and thorough updates to clients while working through cases and projects
· Act as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor to our clients’ technology staff
· Continuously account for our client’ s digital security when implementing any changes or providing technology recommendations
OBJECTIVES – YEAR ONE
· Engage with clients, lead projects, and be a technical escalation point for support staff.
· Become a subject matter expert in several of the following technologies: Microsoft Exchange 2010+, Office 365, Azure Cloud Infrastructure, Disaster Recovery, Active Directory, VMWare, Backup (Avamar, Dell, Asigra), Citrix, Linux, Windows Server 2008+, Windows Clustering, DFS, and PKI/Certificate infrastructure.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work through issues from start to finish with little assistance, reporting on root cause providing thorough recommendations for resolution.
· Should have experience with server hardware replacement and be comfortable with assisting in part replacements and racking/stacking systems remotely when necessary.
· Should have previous hands-on desktop experience and must be comfortable with taking escalations on advanced desktop issues from the rest of the support organization.
· On-call is required as a part of this role. Engineer would be expected to be available when necessary to take escalations from systems engineers and team leads.
· Must be flexible to work long days or weekends when necessary for client implementations, system upgrades, or projects.
· Expected to work as part of a team, not on an island, and be openly collaborative when working through issues with other team members so they can address issues during future occurrences.
· Expected to create thorough technical documentation surrounding new processes, implementations, or other project work.
· Should be comfortable speaking to clients regarding their technology needs and making recommendations
· Should have the ability to perform site surveys for clients and put together recommendations in a business ready format.
· Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and perform Root Cause Analysis
· Experience with Microsoft Visio and project management tools.
· Ability to troubleshoot and solve issues in a timely manner.
· Ability to work from a ticketing system and provide quality updates to clients and team.
· Ability to document all work completed and train support staff on client systems.
· Strong “ Full-stack” experience. Candidate should be well-versed in the entire flow of data through an infrastructure stack and have a solid understanding of how information is passed through each part of the environment. Candidate will be expected to assist in providing solutions that encompass secure, optimized results at all levels of an environment.
· 3+ Years Window server experience but not limited to:
o Strong understanding of Active Directory topologies and how sites interconnect.
o Strong understanding of File Sharing Technologies including (NTFS, DFS, FTP, and Backups)
o Strong understanding of group policies and how to troubleshoot advanced GPO application issues for servers and clients.
o Strong understanding of Windows Server clustering
o Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting for server performance, authentication errors, Kerberos, IIS, and networking issues.
· 1+ Year experience with Dell/EMC Avamar backups preferred. Candidates lacking this experience in the areas will be expected to learn these technologies quickly and apply their knowledge to client environments.
· 3+ Years VMWare Infrastructure experience. Candidates should be extremely familiar with configuring ESX, HA Clustering, vSwitches, DRS, ISCSI/Storage, and should be extremely capable of advanced VMWare troubleshooting.
· 2+ Years Citrix/Netscaler/VDI Experience. Candidates lacking this experience in the areas will be expected to learn these technologies quickly and apply their knowledge to client environments.
· 2+ Years Microsoft Exchange and/or O365 administration experience, Exchange 2010+ expected.
o Ability to troubleshoot mail flow issues (internal connectors or SMTP inbound/outbound)
o Ability to troubleshoot performance issues, and comfort with database maintenance tasks.
o Ability to configure and manage ActiveSync.
o Ability to configure Intune, MFA, and Conditional access policies.
· Strong scripting abilities (PowerShell, VBScript, python, batch) – Specific Examples are a bonus
· 1+ Year Azure Cloud Infrastructure experience. Candidate should be familiar with Deploying new infrastructure, configuring NSGs, and performing troubleshooting. Experience with Templates/Automation with examples is a bonus.
· Candidate should be familiar with Disaster Recovery processes. Experience with Zerto, ASR, or VMware SRM is a bonus.
B.S/B.A. Degree or Relevant Experience preferred
COMPTIA A+, Security+, Network+ completed certifications preferred
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Talent Acquisition
Claire is a graduate from Queens College with a degree in Political Science and has been with The Phoenix Group since May of 2004. Claire got into recruiting while on an interview with a search firm and the owner said to her "forget working your way through law school, you have the gift of gab! You should work here as a recruiter". When she is not in the office, she is working in the garden and playing with her 4-year-old golden Charlie.