1375 Broadway New York, NY 10018
Founded in 1923, our client has developed into one of the largest and most highly respected accounting and advisory firms in the region. The firm' s exclusive focus is on providing the highest level of service and benefits to privately held businesses. They provide a full range of services, including audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements; tax preparation and strategies; detailed analysis of acquisitions and financial restructuring; expert financial advice; tax incentives and strategies; management and succession advisory services; litigation support and forensic accounting and business profitability consulting.
The systems administrator is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting services and technical infrastructure primarily on an Intel, Windows and VMware platform. The selected candidate will add value to our technical infrastructure by working on small to complex projects. Additionally, this candidate will be a member of final level support for issue escalation. They will perform break/fix and root cause analysis for service interruption and recovery. They will participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- High-degree of technical knowledge related to hardware and software is required including Microsoft clustering, IIS, Anti-virus solutions, Window Operating Systems (2008, 2012, 2016), TCPIP, DNS, DHCP, and storage environments.
- Expert knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy
- Good working knowledge of VMware ESX
- Perform operating system configuration and tuning, hardware break/fix and performance troubleshooting of Dell server hardware
- Daily backups
- Experience with server patching, software distribution and provisioning
- Establishes and maintains user accounts
- Add, delete or change privileges for users in various applications. Investigate and resolve user access issues.
- Installs, upgrades, configures, tests and supports Windows 2012 and 2016
- Reviews performance and system logs
- Configure and manage a O365 environment. Ability to troubleshoot and block spam messages.
- Working knowledge of Mobile device management software
- Task automation using scripting
- Administration of IIS including SSL certificates
- Understanding of SAN infrastructure
- Ability to administer enterprise switches and firewalls
- Performs daily system monitoring
- Good understanding of Citrix Xenapp server
- Support periodic on call responsibilities in support of 24 x 7 environment
- Respond to service tickets, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems
- Experience with dealing directly with service providers. Troubleshooting and follow up to ensure resolution
- 5+ years of related IT experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organization skills to produce quality work within specifications and deadlines
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Alana is a graduate from The University of Massachusetts Amherst where she received her degree in Communications. She has been with TPG since May 2016 and got into recruiting because of her love of talking to people. When she is not in the office you can find her testing out new recipes in the kitchen.