Sr. Software Engineer-Model Data
Two Greenwich Plaza Greenwich, CT 06830
Data Platform Engineer – Model Data
xxxxx, one of the world’ s most highly-regarded investment management firms, are seeking first-rate software engineers to join us in building research data platform services that will span our organization and provide us with the agility remain a leader in our highly-competitive industry. We are looking for hands-on candidates who have genuine passion for elegant, efficient, adaptable software architecture, particularly with respect to modularity and clean API design. We work in non-hierarchical teams, with developers responsible for the full software lifecycle. We are looking for candidates who have experience at the cutting edge of modern enterprise software development and can contribute their knowledge and ideas to the continual evolution of our software practices and platforms.
At XXXXX, our employees share a common spirit of academic excellence, intellectual honesty and an unwavering commitment to seeking the truth. We’ re determined to know what makes financial markets tick – and we’ ll ask every question and challenge every assumption. We recognize and respect the power of collaboration, and believe transparency and openness to new ideas leads to innovation.
As a software engineer you will build and extend our research model data platform by
• Implementing data platform services, events, messaging, and graph relationships
• Leveraging cloud computing and data storage technologies
• Designing and building flexible data APIs
• Creating cutting-edge visualizations for operating and exploring model data
What You’ ll Bring
• Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
• Perfectionist regarding clean design and engineering of code and data
• High-output, high-quality programming expertise in at least one of Python, Java, or Scala
• Expertise in data communication services, e.g. REST, AMQP, RabbitMQ, Kafka, and Kinesis
• Mastery of modern collaborative software lifecycle tools, e.g. Git, Jira, Bamboo, Jenkins
• Experience working with a variety of data technologies, e.g. SQL Server, S3, and Aurora
• Practical experience with containerized and cloud computing, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
Who You Are
• Mature, thoughtful, and a natural fit for a collaborative, team-oriented culture
• Hard-working and eager to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment
• Committed to intellectual integrity, transparency, and openness
• Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
We believe that the next innovation to transform our business could come from anyone at XXXXX. Expect to be recognized not only for your diligence and hard work today, but for your vision for tomorrow. We are mathematicians, computer scientists, engineers and artists, passionate about advancing financial research and pushing the limits of today’ s technology.