Sr. Software Engineer
new york, NY 10012
Who we’ re looking for
We are hiring for a back end Sr. Software Engineer on our delivery team to help expand our growing suite of e-commerce advertising products. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the innovation and evolution of a large and rapidly changing industry.
Engineers on the delivery team work together to build high-availability low-latency distributed services that handle thousands of requests per second. Team projects include everything from implementing complex pricing algorithms to optimizing resource utilization and improving system resilience.
Key themes for this role
- Large-scale distributed systems: Our systems power marketing on some of the largest e-commerce sites, so availability, throughput, and latency are critical to observing our strict SLA requirements
- Interesting algorithmic problems: Optimize revenue, resource footprint, and overall algorithmic efficiency, making use of the latest research and techniques, high-end hardware, lock-free data structures, intelligent thread design, and system architecture
- Design and implement new features and enhancements to our platform that require hard real-time constraints and elegant, yet powerful software solutions.
- Write efficient, scalable, testable, and maintainable code for new features and system components
- Provide thought leadership and architectural expertise to a small functional team, and manage cross-team integrations
- Deploy regular code releases to production and test environments; prioritize bug fixes to ensure critical up-time
- Be responsible for the general health of the global real-time applications that must be operational 24/7/365
- Participate in design discussions about new features and ensure real-time technology integrates seamlessly with other pieces of the platform
- Work with product managers to help discover technical requirements of nascent products
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field and strong theoretical fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.)
- 5 – 10 years of relevant software engineering experience
- Experience using either C, C++, Golang, or Java, with excellent and creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience building high performance, multi-threaded, distributed systems and applications
- Experience practicing advanced optimization techniques and with performance analysis
Meet Your Recruiter
A California native who packed her things and moved to NYC on a whim in 2011. By blind luck, she fell into the world of recruiting in March of 2012. A fun fact people probably wouldn't guess about her, most likely because she has a tendency to trip over her own two feet, is that she played Division 1 college soccer at Arizona State. It was there that she also found her love for travel when she studied abroad in Rome. If Rachel isn’t matchmaking people with new jobs, you can find her globetrotting around exploring new corners of the world.