Sr. Software Engineer II-Web
850 3rd Ave # 1003 new york, NY 10022
* 4+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* You are comfortable with collaborating using Git.
* Ability to provide code samples either privately or through a Github repo.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States.
* Design interest or background with a heightened attention to visual detail a plus
* ReactJS or ReactNative application development a plus
* HTML5 Video, ExoPlayer, Brightcove or other video players a plus
* Client-side or Server-side ad stitching technology a plus
* Ad Tech (VPAID, VAST) or Freewheel integration a plus
* Connected device development like Roku, Xbox, FireTV or Smart TVs a plus
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
1. Write clean, concise, readable code that follows common design patterns and principles.
2. Complete work with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through.
3. Collaborate with coworkers from design, engineering, product, project, QA and content teams.
4. Translate functional requirements into solutions that work well with current architecture.
5. Preform peer code reviews.
6. Own business critical features specific development verticals - e.g. authentication, video, profile
7. Profile applications for performance and recommend necessary changes
8. Utilize multi-tasking and context shifting skills.
9. Identify inefficiencies and make recommendations.
10. Stay informed with changes in technology.
11. Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation.
12. Develop prototypes and proof of concept projects to test the waters with new technologies or ideas.