Sr. Front End Engineer
85 5th ave, 8th floor New York, NY 10003
About the job
XXXXX is looking for a Front-End Engineering Lead to join XXXXX our direct-to-consumer company dedicated to creating a best-in-class experience to help solve one of America’ s greatest healthcare issues – untreated hearing loss. XXXXX mission is to democratize, simplify and de-stigmatize the adoption and use of technically advanced hearing aids, empowering more people with hearing loss to hear better.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Front-End Engineer.
- Deep understanding of core modern web concepts such a single-page applications (SPAs) and server-side vs. client-side rendering.
- Familiarity with server-side technologies such as Node.js or Java.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
Bonus points for
- Experience in Conversion Optimization and A/B testing, Web Performance Optimization, Relay and GraphQL.
- Experience in the healthcare space and startup environment.
Meet Your Recruiter
A California native who packed her things and moved to NYC on a whim in 2011. By blind luck, she fell into the world of recruiting in March of 2012. A fun fact people probably wouldn't guess about her, most likely because she has a tendency to trip over her own two feet, is that she played Division 1 college soccer at Arizona State. It was there that she also found her love for travel when she studied abroad in Rome. If Rachel isn’t matchmaking people with new jobs, you can find her globetrotting around exploring new corners of the world.