Software Engineer in Research- Fixed Income
Two Greenwich Plaza Greenwich, CT 06830
This role will be working in our Fixed Income Research Engineering team. Our developers are responsible for designing and implementing proprietary systems and tools that drive the quantitative strategy research and implementation that powers our client. Our development teams are small, motivated, and highly productive. Collaborating side-by-side with researchers and portfolio analysts, you will become intimately familiar with the investment philosophy which drives the company.
As a software engineer in Fixed Income research you will build or extend our:
- Proprietary portfolio construction and optimization techniques
- Intuitive research APIs leveraging cloud computing and cutting-edge visualizations
- High-performance historical simulation engine
- Workflow platform using services, messaging, and graph-based dependency awareness
What You’ ll Bring
- Outstanding coding and debugging skills in Python
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related discipline
- Strong technical background especially in architecture and design
- Strength in pragmatic design and deploying applications using Linux/Docker/Python
- Should be able to communicate designs, prioritize and manage others.
Who You Are
- Mature, thoughtful, and a natural fit for a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Hard-working and eager to learn in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Committed to intellectual integrity, transparency, and openness
- Motivated by the transformational effects of technology-at-scale
Alana is a graduate from The University of Massachusetts Amherst where she received her degree in Communications. She has been with TPG since May 2016 and got into recruiting because of her love of talking to people. When she is not in the office you can find her testing out new recipes in the kitchen.