Software Engineer-Emerging Tech
850 3rd Ave # 1003 new york, NY 10022
As part of our Emerging Platforms team, you will influence how and why we build products on new voice and chat technologies like Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Facebook Messenger, as well as AR/VR experiences on iOS and Android. You’ ll play a critical ownership role in validating new ideas and concepts, building new features, enabling data-driven collaboration, and exploring new ways that our brands can change our customers’ lives for the better.
* You have 2-3 years of experience developing web applications using technologies such as Node, React, Express, or Rails.
* You have a passion for developing experiences for the new voice-first, chat and multimodal platforms
* Experience with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Android, iOS, or AWS is a big plus.
* You’ re comfortable with agile and kanban methodologies
* You’ re willing learn new skills on the fly, and adapt to rapid changes in platforms and best practices.
* You keep current with industry and technology trends.
* You’ re an intuitive but logical thinker who is adept at breaking big problems down into bite-size pieces.
* You have an understanding of design patterns and API design for highly scalable services.
* You are intellectually curious and look for opportunities to expand your technical and personal skill-set.
* You care equally about helping to build great products as you do writing great code.
* You’ re looking to work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
* You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are comfortable presenting to groups
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
1. Become a key part of an exciting, collaborative, cross-functional team
2. Prototype and build products on Mobile, Voice, AR/VR and IoT platforms that deliver new experiences to our fans in millions of households
3. Work closely with your peers across engineering, product, design, editorial, marketing and operations
4. Help to validate hypotheses about customer behavior in the face of changing technology trends through data, research and analytics
5. Develop and ship fast, tested, resilient code that others find easy to comprehend and modify
6. Take ownership of end-to-end product quality to help make our products more reliable, performant and delightful.
7. Provide vision into future technology trends that will drive our brand platforms for the next decade and beyond
8. Work out of our food-friendly offices in beautiful Chelsea Market in the hip, fun Meatpacking district in New York City!
Alana is a graduate from The University of Massachusetts Amherst where she received her degree in Communications. She has been with TPG since May 2016 and got into recruiting because of her love of talking to people. When she is not in the office you can find her testing out new recipes in the kitchen.