235 Park Avenue South New York, NY 10003
You’ ll be working on a platform that enables the creation and delivery of experiences that are somewhere between TV shows and video games. You’ ll support some of the biggest creators in film and TV, and serving their art to millions of viewers. This means getting into the bits and bytes of rendering, I/O handling, and data processing. You’ ll use cutting edge and experimental features. You’ ll face the darkest corners of modern browsers and nodejs. It’ s going to be fun.
You’ ll collaborate closely in small teams to take features from spec to delivery. No two projects look the same; every feature is an opportunity to tackle a new piece of the stack. Your strengths will push our team forward, and you’ ll hone your craft as an engineer. As we learn, we’ re always sharing our knowledge and expertise with the entire team.
- Great coding skills and an appetite to learn more.
- Software Design - deep understanding of design patterns and ability to transform ideas into a stable working software that is readable, testable, and maintainable.
- Web Infrastructure - optimizing for fast delivery, HTTP, CDNs, browser compatibility and all that jazz.
- Experience with ES6 would be great.
- Client side JS frameworks - React, Angular or Vue.
- Server side Node.js frameworks - Express or Hapi.
- Experience with testing frameworks and delivering test-covered code.
- CSS - preprocessors like SASS/LESS/Stylus, CSS architecture methodologies like BEM/OOCSS/SMACSS.
- Experience and familiarity with the browser rendering process, Canvas, WebGL, shadersv.
As a born and raised New Yorker, it wasn’t a shock to anyone that she made her way back to the city after graduating from IU in 2012 (go Hoosiers!) A fellow camp friend referred her into the recruiting world right after graduation, and the rest, as they say, is history. When she’s not working you can find her shopping. Her claim to fame is that she was on Slime time live as a kid, and was even one of a few who was chosen to get slimmed!