Senior Systems Engineer
425 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94101 US
1. Establish, engineer, and implement procedures and processes to improve the efficiency and the quality of Infrastructure applications and systems.
2. Install, maintain, and administer Active Directory, Azure, Intune, GPO, Office365 and ensure services and needs are met.
3. Utilize in-depth application knowledge to identify, anticipate, manage, and resolve complex problems relating to Active Directory, operating system management and security and related technology in use at the firm.
4. Creates, deploys and maintains standard operating system deployment infrastructure for all servers and workstations and all operating systems in an enterprise environment.
5. Engineers and implements operating system deployment, software and patch distribution management such as RIS/WDS, WPE, MECM/SCCM/OSD, WSUS.
6. Evaluates and recommends workstation hardware, such as desktop, laptop, tablet computers, peripherals and accessories.
7. Ensures all operating systems have the latest security updates, service pack level including device driver maintenance through the use of patch management and/or software distribution as well as operating system builds with WDS, OSD, and WPE.
8. Creates, deploys and maintains automated installations and repetitive tasks associated with workstation and server administration through the use of scripting languages such Powershell, Windows Host Script.
9. Leads in application installation package creation through the use of WISE and/or Windows MSI.
10. Leads with design and support infrastructure for Anti-Virus solution and endpoint management across all domain joined workstations and servers.
11. Possess in-depth knowledge of firm needs to resolve and trouble shoot problems in areas of expertise.
12. Provide technical support to other IT analysts, assisting them with the operating system deployment and application software installation.
13. Logs technical support incidents and requests into the ticket management system from live calls, email, and voice mail systems. Monitors support center incidents assigned to the team to ensure SLAs and OLAs are met for responding to and resolving incidents. Provide succinct and pertinent updates to incidents indicating acted upon resolution and communication to user. Participates in Problems and Knowledge initiatives and other process improvements.
14. Prepares and updates technical documentation; ensures non-technical decision makers understand technical matters.
15. Reachable outside of standard working hours as needed.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field or educational and work equivalent.
1. A minimum of 5 years of experience in creating and supporting Operating System images for all workstation and server hardware and virtual machines in an enterprise environment.
2. Experience in a law firm environment a plus, experience maintaining the core infrastructure of the workstation and server imaging, software and patch distribution management such as RIS/WDS, WPE, MECM/OSD, WSUS.
3. Strong knowledge of scripting language and automation of repetitive tasks through scripting language such as Powershell, Windows Host Script and Visual Basic scripting and programming.
4. Strong knowledge of application installation package creation through the use of Wise and/or Windows MSI.
5. Ability to perform quality assurance and testing for both client/server and web applications.
6. Ability to partner with both software development and software integration specialists and Firm business process owners.
7. Solid understanding of the application lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, version control and deployment.
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Recruiting
A graduate from Penn State where she received her degree in Communications and Business. She has been with TPG since February 2016, and got into recruiting as she has always been intrigued by it. When she is not in the office you can find her hanging in the city or traveling with her husband, baby girl and dog.