Senior Systems Engineer
28- Park Avenue New York, NY 10017 US
Job Title: Director, Senior Systems Engineer
Department: Information Technology (Engineering)
Reports To: Vice President, Head of Systems Engineering
FLSA Code: Exempt
Estimated Salary: $180-200k
The ideal candidate will be part of a team responsible for the design, implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of all global system infrastructure, to ensure the availability, security, and consistent performance of our Windows and Citrix environments. This position is “hands-on” requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The role will be both operations and engineering-focused, working with different technology teams to deliver core business initiatives. ***** is committed to an inclusive culture, valuing diversity in support of our people and clients.
- Maintain operational excellence by keeping environment secure and up to date
- Responsible for project tasks throughout the life cycle of application implementation following best practices and architectural guidelines
- Provide support to Backoffice applications such as trading platforms, fund accounting systems, financial accounting systems
- Responsible for various network hardware/software, with a focus on Citrix and Windows environments, including both configuration design & implementation on customer-facing solutions
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all documentation requested by management and will be tasked with improving such documentation as required
- Provide trouble shooting and assisting help desk support group in resolving escalated issues.
- Monitor and provide statistical reports on the health and operational status of all infrastructure systems; monitor system capacity utilization
- Aid in capacity planning and performance monitoring to ensure that Infrastructure systems are meeting the needs of the business
- Assist with various day to day management of server environment.
Beneficial Skills and Abilities:
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of experience working within an IT infrastructure group, preferably with financial experience in a trading environment
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks with accuracy and to meet demanding deadlines, possessing strong ethics and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Advanced experience in Citrix technologies – Delivery Controller, PVS, StoreFront, Netscaler / VPX configuration deployments.
- Experience with Citrix Cloud a big plus.
- Experience with Profile management tools such as FSLogix
- Able to implement and engineer solutions spread across on prem and cloud data centers
- Working knowledge of SCCM or similar platform used to keep systems up to date and package deployments
- Extensive experience planning, designing, deploying, and maintaining Windows Servers, including Microsoft applications, such as SQL, Exchange, and Active Directory
- Expertise in Active Directory – troubleshooting, setting up replication and new domains, creating and consolidating GPOs, ACLs
- Well rounded knowledge of Office 365, Azure-AD and related Microsoft services.
- Experience with managing and maintaining MS security services such as ATP and Intune a big plus
- Experience with vulnerability scan platforms and remediation, such as Rapid 7
- Understanding of infrastructure security and authentication processes. SAML, Kerberos, RADIUS & MFA
- Experience with privileged access management and privileged identity management
- Day to Day management of monitoring platform and tailoring advance alerting & reports.
- Experience in PowerShell scripting and working with code repositories and CI/CD pipelines
- Root Cause analysis and troubleshooting experience is required
- Familiar with building and maintaining task scheduling platforms
- Must be willing to work weekends and evenings and be on call as required; the responsibilities are for a 7x24 IT operation.
- Must maintain a sincere, polite, and respectful customer service attitude when working with the business
- Ability to support multiple globally dispersed locations
- Demonstrate inclusive behavior in support of a culture that values diverse perspective
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- 3 days per week spent in NYC office
- Some travel is required
- Powershell and Azure DevOps toolset, CI/CD
- Working knowledge of monitoring & Syslog platforms, such as LogicMonitor and SumoLogic.
- Knowledge in Cisco UCS, VMWare and SAN technologies (FC / iSCSI)
- Supporting backup technologies such as Rubrik
- Familiar with PagerDuty.
- Certification a plus.
- PKI / MS CA experience
Note: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. The job title or duties and responsibilities may be changed by the Company at any time.
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Recruiting
A graduate from Penn State where she received her degree in Communications and Business. She has been with TPG since February 2016, and got into recruiting as she has always been intrigued by it. When she is not in the office you can find her hanging in the city or traveling with her husband, baby girl and dog.