Senior Systems Administrator
25 W 18th St New York, NY 10011 US
Our client, an international employees union, is seeking a Sr Systems Administrator to join their team!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and support Windows Server including software and hardware installation/configuration;
- Install, administer, configure, troubleshoot and support all Funds’ servers;
- Design, Implement and troubleshoot virtualization using VMware;
- Implement, support and maintain backups to disk and tape of servers, applications and databases;
- Implement hardware load balancing and Oracle and Microsoft clustering;
- Understand, maintain, and support database administration, security and storage including SAN;
- Maintain server environment stability through review of monitoring tools and application of patches after testing;
- Perform database administration tasks include configuration management, backup/recovery, performance optimization, and space management;
- Provide support after hours, on weekends and through on-call rotation;
- Participate in infrastructure design planning and implementation;
- Lead Infrastructure projects, and perform project management tasks as required;
- Manage multiple assignments concurrently;
- Document all routine tasks, incidents, change management scheduling and tracking, and database policies, standards;
- Partner with vendor operations groups in delivery IT services to the Funds;
- Cross-train and instruct other IT team members on specialized skills/training;
- Perform tasks as required by management/supervisory staff;
- Provide support after hours, on weekends and through on-call rotation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Requires 8 years of experience in information technology, with at least 5-8 years of experience in system administration of a MS Windows environment including, Windows server and application platform design, migration and deployments; Software and hardware installation/configuration; Exchange Server, Active Directory/GPO, Patch Management,, Backup/Recovery, VMware installation, administration and support; Disaster recovery solutions, Server and Application Monitoring tools, Email security/archival system, and MS SQL databases, preferred.
- Experience with Azure migration, implementation and support required.
- Automation (PowerShell, etc…) a plus
- Microsoft SharePoint administration is a plus
- Strong troubleshooting/performance tuning skills required.
- Ability to diagnose problems and triage/resolve issues across various tiers (application, network, database, server, middleware, or storage tiers).
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Recruiting
A graduate from Penn State where she received her degree in Communications and Business. She has been with TPG since February 2016, and got into recruiting as she has always been intrigued by it. When she is not in the office you can find her hanging in the city or traveling with her husband, baby girl and dog.