Senior Research Analyst
One Financial Center Boston, MA 02111 US
Join our clients Research team!
This role is open to candidates in the NYC/SD/ or Boston markets.
Hybrid 3 days in office 2 days remote.
Opportunity to join a growing global firm with a fantastic culture and work life balance.
Research and Reference Services
- Conduct high-level, customizable research and analysis in legal, business, and other subjects using appropriate print or electronic resources.
- Respond to questions or research issues accurately, and in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Monitor research intake and handles research projects in accordance with the schedule implemented by the Manager, Research Services.
- Lead or coordinate large or group projects, as required.
- Present results using department branding and templates whenever possible.
- Serve as practice, subject, industry and/or type of research specialist in areas identified by the Director and Manager, Research and Reference.
- Orientation, Training and Knowledge Sharing Services
- Assist with the development of orientation and training materials.
- Participate in formal orientation and training sessions.
- Conduct on-demand training in the use of print or electronic resources.
- Identify attorney research and training needs and proactively provides opportunities for education.
- Assist in developing content for the intranet and other internal firm meetings.
- Continuing Education and Communication.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments in research and competitive intelligence services and resources.
- Maintain awareness of current and emerging technologies relevant to research services and share knowledge with the team and attorney groups.
- Actively participate in department, practice and other internal firm meetings.
- Review, evaluate and recommend new resources.
- Participate in collection development, collection maintenance and budget management.
- Participate in, or lead, special projects as assigned.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- This role requires 60% in office presence; remote work is permissible 40% of the time.
- Master of Library Science (“MLS”) from an ALA accredited school, or JD, or equivalent degree.
- 3+ years’ experience providing research and reference in a law firm or corporate environment. Law firm experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of research methodology as well as print and electronic resources in the areas of law relevant to the firm’s practice areas.
- Proficiency with wide variety of relevant research services.
- Ability to prepare reports, executive summaries, and other correspondence necessary to communicate research results.
- Understand Research Services policies and procedures; accurately interpret and effectively implement them.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with library technologies, including software and products used for communication, research and knowledge sharing.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.