Senior Paralegal (Finance & Projects)
San Francisco, CA 94101 US
Our client, a multinational law firm, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Paralegal to join their Finance and Projects group!
- Apply broad set of knowledge and skills to effectively manage complex cases, demonstrating insight into legal procedures, project management, cost efficiencies, and collaborative skills; effectively identify, promote, and apply technologies to maximize efficiency in carrying out assignments.
- Manage complex cases; develop relationships, internally and externally, to gather data and information and to create networks of relevant resources and services.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and prioritize assignments appropriately; determine and implement effective organizational and procedural methods.
- Review and analyze documents and data, perform procedural and factual research with understanding of client, matter, and business needs; provide insightful analysis, recommendations, and solutions to further case objectives.
- Create and maintain, or oversee maintenance of, files, documents, and data.
- Prepare and edit a range of written materials, including correspondence, memoranda, drafts of legal documents, and factual analyses.
- Oversee and provide guidance to other paralegals and temporary staff, as needed, through training and mentoring; provide feedback as appropriate on performance.
- Comply with administrative requirement to meet billable expectations; prepare and release timenotes on a daily basis; prepare and submit timecards on a weekly basis.
Finance and Projects Responsibilities
- Assist with entity formation, including checking corporate name availability, reserving corporate names, and preparing drafts of corporate organizational documents.
- Assist with ongoing operations of corporations and corporate records maintenance; prepare foreign qualifications, withdrawals, and dissolutions.
- Assist with and coordinate corporate closings, public offerings, acquisitions and mergers, and other corporate transactions.
- Assist with due diligence procedures, including online and factual searches, as well as organization of due diligence materials and working with virtual data rooms.
- Review, prepare and file UCC financing, continuation and termination statements; initiate and analyze UCC search results; research filing requirements in various states and calendar expiration dates for UCC filings.
- Prepare and file documents for ongoing corporate operations. Organize, review and maintain corporate records. May prepare stock option agreements and stock certificates and maintain stock ledgers and capitalization table.
- Proofread and redline documents.
- Conduct research and perform library and online searches.
- May assist with preparation of response to auditor letters.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Seven years of relevant experience in practice area or comparable work experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- Ability to follow complex instructions with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects, and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to research, analyze, synthesize, and communicate large amounts of complex data.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships that further teamwork and client service objectives.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed to meet business and client needs.
Meet Your Recruiter
After graduating with an Associates Degree in Business Administration from Westchester Community College Dan wasn't sure exactly what he wanted to do. In February 2013 he decided to put his knack for connecting people with one another to work when he joined The Phoenix Group. When he's not in the office you can find him skiing, golfing, or spending time with his family.