Senior Java Developer
498 7th Ave New York, NY 10018
XXXXX is seeking an outstanding person to join an agile, high performance technology team as a Java Developer. This experienced individual has a proven track record of developing quality software in a world-class financial services organization within a latency-sensitive electronic trading environment.
This role will report into the Tech lead as a part of the Global Trading Technology development team, working closely with a dynamic and collaborative group of technologists designing and developing software spanning multiple equity trading systems which are of strategic importance to XXXXX as we continue to expand our product suite and offerings, globally. This role will contribute to the delivery of high-availability, low-latency technology supporting client-facing trading algorithms, smart order routing tactics and other electronic workflows and services.
· Develop high-quality software components of the global trading platform
· Contribute to all areas of the software development lifecycle including design, development, integration, testing, optimization and maintenance
· Aid in the hands-on design and development of XXXXX global equity trading algorithmic suite including the trading strategies themselves as well as key infrastructure components including low latency order management, order handling interfaces, market data, rules engines, messaging protocols and other frameworks and utility services
· Contribute to all areas of team performance including daily scrums and after-action reviews
· Contribute to continuous improvement of processes, product development, product quality and technology
· Contribute to the overall progress of the team and the firm; ensure timely delivery of quality software
· Serve as third-tier support for production issues and related support needs.
Skills and Experience
· 3+ years of experience in development of equity products in a global financial services company or vendor using the Java language in latency-sensitive environments
· Experience in designing, developing and implementing sell-side trading algorithms such as VWAP, POV etc., as well as equity trading market tactics
· BS/BA degree or higher in Computer Science and/or Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
· Experience and knowledge of equity products and instruments including FIX protocol and market data content
· Knowledge of equity lit and dark market micro-structure, order handling and electronic trading
· Strong multi-threaded and network programming experience
· Proficiency with computer technologies including Linux, SQL, messaging, OO Design
· Strategic thinking, analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to work as part of a team, communicate effectively at all organizational levels with written and verbal communication skills