Front End Engineer
520 Broadway, 8th floor New York, NY 10012
Who we are
Built ‘ by restaurants for restaurants’, XXXX powers the world' s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. At XXXX, we' re challenging long-standing reservation tools and disrupting the status quo created by clunky, expensive reservation services. We' ve partnered with some of the best restaurants in the U.S., including Union Square Cafe, Chez Panisse and the Hillstone Restaurants.
Voted one of Fast Company’ s “ Most Innovative Companies,” we recently raised $13 million in a Series A funding round led by Airbnb and is Airbnb’ s exclusive partner for restaurants.
We were co-founded by Ben Leventhal, cofounder of Eater and restaurant industry entrepreneur; Gary Vaynerchuk, an entrepreneur, investor, author; and Michael Montero, founder of CrowdTwist and Fotolog and noted CTO.
About the role
The Front End Developer will work on all web properties at XXXX. You’ ll be working closely with product, bizdev, and marketing to create specs and build products to help us meet our goals. You’ ll be an important part of our small but growing team and have the opportunity to work on projects that are vital to our business.
Stuff we like
It would be awesome if you like and use these things already but experience with similar platforms is great too:
- unit testing - jasmine and jest
- gulp - build tasks and dev server with watchers for livereload, scss compiling, and code linting
- You have experience working on websites that have high traffic and need to be highly scalable. You care about performance and take great satisfaction in getting every bit of speed out of the frontend that you can.
- You are an avid learner. You enjoy keeping up to date with the latest tech. But you also know how to evaluate different solutions and make choices about what best fits our needs and when is the right time for us to start using something new.
- You have worked on an e-commerce or other highly transactional site. You' re used to working with large data models for things like products and complex interactions with APIs to manage transactions.
- You are capable of working both collaboratively and independently. You enjoy working with others to find the best solution. But you can also take a rough direction and fill in the details yourself.
- You care. You care about the work you’ re doing. You care about code quality. You care about what we' re all working together to accomplish.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Airbnb discount
- Equinox gym discount
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
As a born and raised New Yorker, it wasn’t a shock to anyone that she made her way back to the city after graduating from IU in 2012 (go Hoosiers!) A fellow camp friend referred her into the recruiting world right after graduation, and the rest, as they say, is history. When she’s not working you can find her shopping. Her claim to fame is that she was on Slime time live as a kid, and was even one of a few who was chosen to get slimmed!