335 Madison Avenue, 16F new york, NY 10017
XXXX is a NYC-based, NEA-backed tech startup that is building a better internet for shoppers. We do this with machine learning technology that rewires links at massive scale so that:
- Advertisers unlock a $25B monopoly by converting Amazon’ s static link empire into a competitive CPC marketplace
- Publishers get paid like Google rather than like a coupon site. XXXX boosts yield 4X on link inventory with competitive bidding in content.
- Consumers find what they want at the best prices online and will never land on an out of stock or 404 page.
At XXXX, we believe in a dual track progression for Engineers- with opportunities to advance in people management or technical contributions. This role is the first level of technical management. As such, you will be a member of one of our engineering teams, and spend 70% of your time contributing high quality code to our systems. The other 30% will be spent on technical leadership tasks like architecture design, conducting teaching sessions to share knowledge with the team, code reviews, and planning. You will be the go to expert on your team, and will be responsible for constantly increasing the total knowledge of our
organization-always either learning something new, or teaching something to someone else.
At the same time, you’ ll be working on a cool system solving real problems for real customers. We serve SmartLinks on some of the biggest publishers in the world, and our systems have to operate at that kind of scale with little latency and no downtime. We embrace the philosophies of DevOps, and invest significant resources in automation and testing so that we can safely deploy code twenty times a day without the fear of wondering what is going to happen. Come join us and help us continue to improve our team!
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Develop business-impacting features by writing clean, efficient code [Python, JS]
- Ensure quality by writing thorough unit, integration, and system level automated testing
- Design and deploy automated self-healing infrastructure [Terraform, AWS]
- Implement/maintain automated system monitoring
- Support and administer a variety of stateful systems including Redshift, MySql, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Troubleshoot and resolve system outages; adjust systems for performance issues
- Continually work to improve team capabilities with training, documentation, code reviews, pair programming, and collaboration
- Design and describe complex distributed systems
- Learn and teach new concepts to improve the total knowledge in our system
- Participate in the engineering planning process
- 4+ years building backend systems in Python
- Expertise with distributed systems design and various infrastructure tools
- Ability to work independently on feature level tasks and system design
- Motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional level of organization and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and drive to improve
Why Work here?
- We offer incredibly competitive salaries and cover 100% of health, dental and vision.
- We are challenging monopolies and architecting a new business model for media- the work you do here will have meaning
- We are growing rapidly without throwing cash out the window.
- We have weekly happy hours, monthly company outings and our Slack meme game is the best in the business
- We are committed to making a societal impact by building sustainable technology to #EndThe404 and open-sourcing many of our projects to contribute to the broader digital community.