Senior Engineer Applications Development
111 W Oak Ave Suite 300 Tampa, FL 33602 US
Sr. Engineer- Applications Development
- Elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions, and governments worldwide.
- Extensive international presence, helping clients with complex legal challenges globally.
- Operates in over 40 locations and excels in complex cross-border work.
- Evaluate available technologies and services, including Cloud and Hybrid implementations.
- Guide strategies for adoption with a focus on security, scalability, and performance.
- Collaborate with application development teams and coordinate with multiple Technology teams.
- Platform-agnostic approach despite a preference for Microsoft services.
- Participate in design, development, modification, and support of SharePoint and M365 platforms.
- Flexibility in work approach and eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Handle a wide range of projects and adapt to unforeseen challenges.
- Contribute to delivering the Firm’s 2025 vision of profitable growth and internal culture.
- Encourage process improvements and actively seek ways to make a difference.
- Friendly, supportive, and welcoming team in a rapidly changing business environment.
Global Technology Services Team:
- Key role in enabling lawyers to practice law worldwide.
- Three functions: Business Services, Operations, and Support Services.
- Support lawyers with leading-edge technology and systems for elite legal services.
- Cover various technical disciplines and business skill sets.
- Deploy the latest technology and hardware in state-of-the-art offices.
- Service Desk and Operation Centers for 24/7 support and monitoring.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Develop and support custom M365, SharePoint Online, and on-premise solutions.
- Maintain existing applications, collaborate on technical projects, and new Application upgrades.
- Participate in technical projects for on-premise and Cloud development.
- Design, develop, and implement software solutions with a Cloud-first approach.
- Build solutions for Cloud Modernization and application migrations.
- Enhance existing applications by analyzing business objectives and making improvements.
- Maintain and support multiple projects and deadlines.
- Assess Firm software requirements and recommend internal or 3rd party solutions.
- Follow Firm development and coding standards, and update as needed.
- Take ownership of deliverables and ensure on-time project task completion.
- Proactively communicate status updates to managers and business units.
- Develop integrated solutions for Firm-wide and departmental applications.
- Investigate new technologies and stay up to date on advancements in supported systems.
- Evaluate new software platforms, trends, and solutions.
- Practice continuous improvement and education.
- Interact with all levels of staff.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience as a technical App lead managing a portfolio of enterprise applications or technologies preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience in evaluating and onboarding core application technologies.
- Utilize established development tools, guidelines, and conventions.
- Knowledge of open source frameworks and products.
- Experience with SharePoint 2019 and SharePoint Online.
- Knowledge of Teams, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, Azure Logic Apps, and SharePoint Framework.
- Familiarity with 3rd party tools for SharePoint.
- Experience in RESTful service development.
- Ability to implement CI/CD pipelines and knowledge of DevOps practices.
- Ability to complete all phases of software development life cycle.
- Ability to innovate and provide functional applications with intuitive interfaces.
- Ability to construct user guides and documentation.
- Team player who is ambitious and motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and patience working with others.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Capable of grasping new concepts without prior experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
NYC salary Range $120 K- 178 K - Exempt & Bonus eligible
Hybrid 3 days on site for NYC Wed & Thurs on site and pick 3rd day
Tampa - Wed & Thurs on site
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Director - Tampa
Kenny is a graduate from Quinnipiac University where he received his degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology. He has been with TPG since November 2015 and initially got into recruiting through a friend from college and never looked back. When he is not in the office you can find him fishing, golfing, or hanging out with his girlfriend and dog Foxy.