Senior DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer
666 5th Ave New York, NY 10103
- Design and implement massively scalable, highly-performance, cutting-edge infrastructure for a compute grid
- Relentless automation: Build and maintain compute, advanced storage and network fabrics
- Develop and implement software tools and methods to automate and manage large distributed systems
- Identify and pilot critical emerging infrastructure technology to enhance the business’ competitive advantages.
- Exercise thought leadership and innovation in the resolution of current technical/infrastructural challenges, as well as in the creation of long-term technical roadmaps.
- Define, challenge and support Infrastructure standards and decisions
- Collaborate with other technology groups to provide technical, operational and innovative expertise.
- Serve as Engineering / L3 support for production issues. Feed such problems back into platform design
- A passion for technology and automation, deep sense of curiosity and willingness to always question
- Be an analytical thinker with exceptional problem solving abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of focused experience in a devops / production engineering / systems engineering role
- Proven experience researching, building, testing and deploying large-scale solutions to a production environment
- Solid programming and scripting skills. Comfort and experience with BASH, Python, and experience with Ansible/CFEngine/Saltstack.
- Thorough knowledge up and down the OSI stack and deep knowledge of *nix systems
- Experience with and knowledge of one or more distributed file/storage systems (GFS, CEPH, GPFS, Lustre, NFS, Bittorrent, *FS)
- Experience with and knowledge on the operation of relational and non-relation dbs
- A passion for in-depth understanding of technology, and building large-scale systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.