Senior Business Analyst
496 Kinderkamack Road Oradell, NJ 07649
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst that will have responsibility for performing detailed analysis, documenting business and functional requirements, and evaluating system impact to ensure the successful delivery and support of various corporate applications. Responsible for completing assigned analyst duties with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously – of varying size and complexity (small, medium or large) in addition to capturing and documenting analysis information for minor system fixes / enhancements. This right to hire position will begin on a temporary basis with the potential to become permanent.
Senior Business Analyst Essential Duties
· Understanding the business needs and requests, identifying solutions, gathering information, and translating business needs to functional specifications that are understandable to business and IT personnel alike.
· Responsible for documenting business requirements, functional requirements, use cases, workflow diagrams, interface designs, etc.
· Leverage experience to recommend industry standard and best practices.
· Working with the business to analyze business processes and system issues and turn them into actionable system changes that benefit the requesting party(s), improve efficiency in operations and overall performance.
· Facilitating and leading requirement gathering / JAD sessions. Utilizing multiple methods - interviews, workshops, surveys, site visits etc. to gather requirements.
· System Configuration - analyzing configuration changes.
· Responsible for attaining full knowledge of functional area actively contributing to the overall success of the IT department, active participation in meetings, and regular status updates to management.
· Conduct requirements gathering sessions, business reviews and document business requirements and gap analysis.
· Collaborate with IT development and QA Assisting in user acceptance testing to ensure appropriate and adequate system testing is performed.
· Provide guidance, review work and provide feedback to other team members.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Senior Business Analyst Level Based Competencies
· Very Strong Communication skills (verbal & written).
· Strong Decision Making skills.
· Strong Collaboration skills.
· Very Strong Customer Focus and client interface skills.
· Initiates Self Action all of the time.
· Strong Business Acumen.
· Strong Skills in Building Working Relationships.
· Strong Planning, Organizing & Follow-Up skills.
· Strong Attention to Detail.
· Strong Time Management skills.
· Strong Meeting facilitation skills.
· Strong Relationship Management skills – ability to interact well with all levels of management, quickly and effectively build credibility and relationships.
Senior Business Analyst Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Technical knowledge/skills
· Very Strong experience / ability to document web-based systems, and perform analysis and design using various methods, to include but not exclusive, to business requirements, functional specifications, use cases, swim lanes.
· Strong experience in business process design and re-engineering and workflow analysis
· Strong modeling capabilities to document use cases / test scenarios, data, processes and events.
· Strong knowledge and execution of IT Standards, Policies and Procedures.
· Intermediate knowledge of and execution of SDLC.
· Intermediate knowledge of Information Security Awareness.
· Good knowledge of General Project Management Methodology & Tools.
· Experience in working with multiple data sources.
· Experience in the Education Industry a plus.
· Experience in building Marketing, Sales and Ecommerce sites a plus.
· General knowledge/skills
· Very Strong general business knowledge.
· Strong ability to influence and drive cross-functional decisions and initiatives.
· Very Strong drive for results.
· Very Strong ability to think conceptually and forward thinking all of the time.
· Strong estimating skills.
· Strong ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user friendly language.
· Strong ability to Multi Task.
· Very Strong Prioritization skills.
· Very Strong Analysis & Problem Solving Skills.
· Strong Adaptability.
· Good Vendor Management Skills.
Senior Business Analyst Education and Experience
· Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
· 10+ years of IT and business/industry work experience.
· 8+ years’ experience in systems analysis and design with proven record of successful large scale project implementations.
Meet Your Recruiter
Steve is a graduate from James Madison University, where he received his degree in Marketing and has been recruiting ever since. He has been a part of TPG since September 2018. Outside the office, he enjoys golfing and his New York sports teams.