Senior Backend Engineer
30 West 21st St, 10th fl New York, NY 10010
• Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers to create new features related to our product offering
• Architect and implement event-driven backend systems that provide support for our core underwriting business
• Build well-documented and scalable RESTful APIs
• Posses a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into tech
• Mentor other specialists
• Challenge yourself to keep growing as a senior developer.
• Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the company
• Find ways to spread learning across the organization (gives internal talks, write on internal blogs, etc).
• Serve as the go-to person for solving problems in your domain of expertise
• Deep understanding of Java and the Spring ecosystem or Golang
• Proficient with MongoDB, Kafka, and Postgres
• Some experience in or exposure to web frontend technologies such as React, AngularJS, or VueJS
• You are skilled with Kubernetes and AWS
• You adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. This includes working independently and on a team
• You love mentoring other engineers
• Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive
A California native who packed her things and moved to NYC on a whim in 2011. By blind luck, she fell into the world of recruiting in March of 2012. A fun fact people probably wouldn't guess about her, most likely because she has a tendency to trip over her own two feet, is that she played Division 1 college soccer at Arizona State. It was there that she also found her love for travel when she studied abroad in Rome. If Rachel isn’t matchmaking people with new jobs, you can find her globetrotting around exploring new corners of the world.