Senior Backend Engineer
520 Broadway 8th floor New York, NY 10012
Who we are
Built by restaurants for restaurants, XXXX challenges long-standing reservation tools and is disrupting the status quo created by clunky, expensive reservation services. XXXX uses technology to redefine hospitality by offering a cutting edge real-time cloud-based system with flat pricing, resetting industry expectations about how much value restaurants should expect from technology partners. Some of the best restaurants in the U.S., including Union Square Cafe, Chez Panisse and the Hillstone Restaurants use our platform.
Voted one of Fast Company’ s “ Most Innovative Companies,” XXXX recently raised $13 million in a Series A funding round led by Airbnb and is Airbnb’ s exclusive partner for restaurants.
About the role
At XXX, we are tackling hard problems with elegant solutions and scaling very quickly. As one of XXXX senior backend engineers, you will be working to innovate POS integration and mobile payments, helping to extend our micro-services infrastructure, building new features for our flagship product XXXX OS and pioneering a new yield management software we call the Inventory Optimization Engine.
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong expertise with the following:
- RDBMS and database design
- Test driven development
- Linux/UNIX/OS X
- REST API design
- Self-starter who’ s comfortable working independently without a ton of supervision
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Airbnb discount
- Equinox gym discount
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations