Senior Azure Devops Engineer (or Architect)
25 W 18th St New York, NY 10011 US
Summary: Under the supervision of the Director of Infrastructure and Development, the Senior Azure DevOps Engineer will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and architect and maintain enterprise Azure environments supporting business objectives. They will primarily be responsible for activities related to the architecture, design, development, implementation, testing, deployment, and support of the Azure environments, and application integrations.
*This is an in-office position at our NYC HQ*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop deployment automation to provide a fully functional cloud stack in Azure that supports new and existing environments.
- Build, migrate and test Azure environments and integrations.
- Integration with on-premise applications, cloud providers or other platforms.
- Develop templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions.
- Design and development of Systems using micros service architecture focusing on operational requirements and infrastructure setup.
- Develops automated release tools meant to allow for continuous build and release processes.
- Monitor the performance of systems in a cloud based computing environment, including overall system health, reliability, performance, and cost. Able to identify bottlenecks and scale up/down resources to meet demands and expectations.
- Incorporate Security products and processes into existing and new systems and infrastructure.
- Bake Operational and Security controls into Engineering and DevOps pipelines (e.g., build automation and configuration management).
- Setup multi-level network environments using Azure.
- Provision cloud resources to support existing and new applications.
- Develop operational best practices to control cloud usage costs.
- Build and maintain scalable and performant production infrastructure, improving and ensuring reliability across systems.
- Assist IT, Development, and Data teams with Cloud management tasks.
- Assist production support teams with troubleshooting anomalies.
- Troubleshoot and debug infrastructure issues.
- Plan and prioritize activities.
- Work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Report activities and progress to the management on a weekly basis.
- Perform tasks as required by management.
- Provide support after hours and on weekends, when necessary.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 7+ years of hands on experience with Azure Infrastructure and development solutions.
- 7+ years’ of experience in designing DevOps pipelines, installations, configurations, automations and monitoring of various cloud services including: (laaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Experience in implementing Full lifecycle DevOps automation including Configurations management, Build Automation, Release Management, Development automation and Infrastructure management.
- Solid experience with DevOps implementations, migrations and upgrades within the Microsoft Cloud Azure solution suite.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Azure Kubernetes Service with container-based development skills, Experience with container management tools like Docker, ACS, Kubernetes, AKS, and GKE.
- Experience with DevOps CICD tools and concepts – Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Chef, Ansible, Azure DevOps and staged integrations etc.
- Experience with scripting languages – PowerShell, Groovy, Java Scripts, Python, and Golang.
- Understanding of micro-services, containerization, and other app modernization strategies
- Understanding of APIs, SDKs, and other integration methods
- Experience integrating Microsoft Dynamics 365 with Azure Blob for document management;
- Familiar with Network Infrastructure and Security;
- Knowledge of IP networking, private tunnel, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
- Familiar with Windows and Linux.
- Experience with SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS and Transact SQL is a plus
- Candidate must have excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including effectively communicating with technical and non-technical team members;
- Experience working in a high demand work environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and analytical skills;
- Ability to plan and take initiatives to accomplish objectives in timely fashion;
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, supervisors, and employees from other departments.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related discipline.
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Recruiting
A graduate from Penn State where she received her degree in Communications and Business. She has been with TPG since February 2016, and got into recruiting as she has always been intrigued by it. When she is not in the office you can find her hanging in the city or traveling with her husband, baby girl and dog.