Security Systems Technician
One Bryant Park New York City, NY 10036 US
Working under the direction of the Security Systems Manager, the Security Systems Technician will work on the team responsible for implementation, support and maintenance of the access control, video surveillance, alarm monitoring and other electronic security systems deployed throughout the **** Portfolio. A successful candidate will have technical knowledge of and experience with implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of low voltage systems, including access control, CCTV and alarm systems.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, repair and upgrade the access control, CCTV, intercom and alarm systems deployed throughout the portfolio
- Perform both reactive and preventative maintenance on security systems equipment
- With minimal supervision, implement and/or provide implementation support for security systems projects including pre-implementation design support, installation coordination, contractor supervision and post-implementation commissioning support
- Inspect jobsites and enforce quality standards
- Provide PC, peripheral and software support for systems and devices associated with the access control, CCTV, intercom and alarm monitoring systems
- Provide client and end user training on security systems used in the portfolio as well as perform other duties as required by the department
- Serve as a resource, advocate, and catalyst for sustainability at The Durst Organization. Apply the skills unique to your core job responsibilities for practical integration of sustainability into processes, standard operating procedures, and adopted business practices. Seek to empower our colleagues, consultants, tenants and residents to prioritize and actively engage in environmental stewardship.
- Experience with Genetec Video and Access Control
- Experience with CCURE software and field hardware
- Experience with Continental Access Control CA3000 and CA4K software and field hardware
- Experience troubleshooting security system device and network issues
- 5 years of relevant experience with Physical Security System Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Network+ certification would be beneficial
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
Meet Your Recruiter
VP of Recruiting
A graduate from Penn State where she received her degree in Communications and Business. She has been with TPG since February 2016, and got into recruiting as she has always been intrigued by it. When she is not in the office you can find her hanging in the city or traveling with her husband, baby girl and dog.