370 Lexington Avenue Suite 205 New York, NY 10017
- Responsible for IT security related projects, milestones, tasks.
- Responsible for all IT security based network equipment, servers, and applications.
- Administer Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco ASA firewalls, IDS/IPS, content filtering, DNS, and other related systems.
- Responsible for Vendor remote access connectivity.
- Knowledge of vulnerability management solutions, risk assessments and compliance management.
- Manage company Internet domains.
- Understanding of two-factor authentication, especially Duo.
- Responsible for reviewing administrator, event, application and system logs for security systems and taking appropriate action based on these logs.
- Troubleshoot potential problems with internal network and systems teams.
- Keep up to date on security vulnerabilities internal as well as external.
- Maintain and monitor health of company-wide security solutions, including various endpoint protection software products.
- Maintain 99.9% uptime on all production systems.
- Communicate and remedy support issues.
- Provide written and/or oral communications/presentations to team members, groups and/or management.
- Manage and maintain desktop security products like antivirus and anomaly based detection.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS degree required and/or equivalent work experience.
- Must have 5+ years of hands on experience with industry leading firewalls including, Cisco ASA as well as maintaining and implementing systems.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of security concepts (Application, Web and Network security, Identity and Access Management, Security protocols, Cryptography, etc).
- Expertise with Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco ASA firewalls with a very good understanding of the architecture behind secure networks, DMZ’ s, NAT’ s, rule placement, VPN setup, and system maintenance. Experience with Cisco’ s new FTD platform is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with privilege account management solution such as CyberArk Privilege Session Manager.
- Excellent foundation in overall security standards, security policy creation, and security audits.
- Experience with SecureLink vendor remote access software solution.
- Experience with VMware NSX is a plus.
- Experience with Data Loss Prevention Technologies.
- Experience with endpoint software products; antivirus, application whitelisting and anomaly based detection.
- Have a very good understanding of firewalls, system and network security.
- Effectively communicate to teams that are both technical and/or non-technical.
- Technical writing skills.
- Effective at documenting process and procedures.
- Self-motivated and stays on top of current trends.
Steve is a graduate from James Madison University, where he received his degree in Marketing and has been recruiting ever since. He has been a part of TPG since September 2018. Outside the office, he enjoys golfing and his New York sports teams.