25 W 18th St New York, NY 10011 US
Our client, a labor union in NYC, is seeking a SR Accountant to join their team!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Financial Statements and provide year over year variance explanations.
- Responsible for Departmental Budget to Actual reports on a quarterly basis including analysis and variance explanations. Reconcile expenses with Department Leads ensuring proper coding of all expenses.
- Analyze and review all General Ledger activity within accounts including: researching and correcting any variances and identifying potential issues.
- Recommend internal control and policy/procedure improvements if necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual and Quarterly filings such as: Form 5500, Form 990T, Form 990, Form 8955, Form 945 and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. Filings.
- Become a trusted advisor to the customers of Accounting and manage expectations.
- Analyze current procedures and recommend changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures.
- Work on developing and maintaining effective and efficient business processes.
- Perform various project-based work as needed to implement greater efficiencies, scalability, and controls.
- Must have solid working knowledge of Financial Management from daily operation to forecasting and Budgeting of Fund(s).
- Manage conflicting deadlines and priorities as assigned. Quickly adapt to changing priorities, managing and clearly communicating deadline risks as new tasks and projects arise.
- Performs any other relevant, related or pertinent work or duties as requested or assigned by the Assistant Controller or the Controller, Senior Management or designee.
Technical Skills are a must!
- Strong level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365 F&O (or equivalent) preferred
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills
- Detail oriented with strong ability to multitask
- Knowledge of GAAP
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or combined work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as an Accountant
- Provides recommendations of potential solution for issue/problem
- Respects timelines set to complete work projects
- Prioritizes work flows and escalates time sensitive matters
- Consistently seek best practices in accounting policies and procedures
- Seeks ways to work more efficiently and effectively while not losing sight of departmental goals
- Follows up with request and assignments seeing them through completion
- Assist with other tasks as necessary
Meet Your Recruiter
Regional Director - Tampa
Kenny is a graduate from Quinnipiac University where he received his degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology. He has been with TPG since November 2015 and initially got into recruiting through a friend from college and never looked back. When he is not in the office you can find him fishing, golfing, or hanging out with his girlfriend and dog Foxy.