Remote Services Engineer
415 Madison Avenue, Floor 7 New York, NY 10017
XXX Technology Group – Midtown Manhattan
- Rapidly growing MSP- 30% a year - every year
- Work with best in class and serve the world' s finest hedge funds
- Learn and apply top technology to some of the world’ s most demanding and technology-centric organizations.
Essential Functions include-
Staffing for our Service Desk is ongoing. Successful candidates are provided long-term career growth through senior engineering functions with-in our rapidly growing firm.
The Remote Services Engineer position requires high levels of professionalism, strong problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly learn new technologies and their utilization in state of the art trading environments.
Beyond this, successful candidates must:
- · Act as visible and critical front-line interface to our full range of (largely) hedge fund clients. Communicate and provide direct support to all levels of IT management and staff, as well as non-IT business professionals- including Portfolio Managers, Traders and analysts.
- · Must utilize strong technical skills and business judgment to provide effective technical support and as required escalation.
- · Provide remote troubleshooting support to resolve day-to-day technical issues and implement monitoring and patching.
- · Work closely with engineers across all teams; Desktop Support, Systems and Network Engineering,
- · Must provide meticulous attention to detail and follow through to ensure all tickets/problems are effectively resolved.
- · Installing, activating software (Microsoft, Bloomberg, Reuters, Redi, Quickbooks)
- · Support mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, Blackberry etc.), often to high level business professionals travelling remotely.
- · Support user requests relating to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft 7, networking and applications support.
- · Build, Deploy, Repair, Maintain hardware (including Desktops, Laptops, printers, mobile devices, peripherals)
- · Monitoring systems (PRTG, Sitescope). Support ongoing NOC function as part of overall systems monitoring and support. Determine false-positives from live issues and escalate as appropriate.
- · Troubleshoot network issues, trace route/pings.
The Remote Services Engineer works in-house in a technology rich, team-based, learning environment. On-call rotation/night shift on periodic basis.
Desired Skills & Experience
- · 2 plus years’ experience in providing IT Support with-in a server based business environment where high levels of service and technical expertise were required.
- · Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting skills, must have an innate curiosity and interest in IT
- · Strong communication and customer service skills across all levels of an organization
- · Ability to work independently, and demonstrated self-direction/self-starter
- · Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- · Working knowledge of Win7, Server 03, Server 08. Win8 and Server 2012 are a plus.
- · Working knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange