16 W 22nd Street New York, NY 10010
As QA Manager you will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of quality across all of our user-facing products and services in production. You will own the quality function from end-to-end, including the processes, tools, and environments in which the QA team performs its role to the integration of our test suites into our continuous build/deploy process. You will be overseeing a team of engineers who support other teams with feature releases by writing automated end-to-end tests and performing manual testing.
The ideal candidate for this role has had significant experience with a variety of manual and automated QA testing technologies, processes, and methodologies - as our team is small but growing we are looking for manager who can contribute hands-on as necessary as well as owning the team’ s technology strategy, structure, processes, and best practices. You should also be an experienced people manager who has a track record of successfully mentoring and growing their direct reports.
- Lead a small team of QA engineers, responsible for testing strategy, processes, and execution
- Work with product and engineering leadership to maintain a high level of quality execution as the business scales
- Innovate and drive automated and manual testing best practices
- Provide mentorship and support to QA team members to help grow their careers
- Recruit and hire additional QA engineers as the team grows
- Set measurable goals and key performance indicators for the QA team
- Develop and maintain automated feature tests as necessary
- 7+ years of overall QA experience, primarily in an automation role
- 2+ years of experience managing and growing QA team
- Up to date with modern test automation frameworks, services, and best practices and has implemented them in the past
- Familiarity with Cucumber and BDD
- Experience with Selenium or other browser automation frameworks
- Experience working on teams where manual testing informs the design of automation plans