new york, NY 10018
- Provide ad-hoc, manual, or exploratory testing and other project support as needed.
- Analyze business requirements, user and data flows, and software design to spec out test scenarios
- Plan, manage, and own testing activities during releases.
- Collaborate with development team to comprehend the current infrastructure and application.
- Maintain automated test cases based on development initiatives.
- Contribute to the planning, development and testing efforts of SDLC
- Ensure test efficiency, accuracy and coverage
- Troubleshoot and triage issues
- Brainstorm, design, and develop innovative approaches to test a variety of application types including front end, API, data aggregation/engineering, and predictive data science modeling.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3~5 years of experience working as a QA Engineer
- Strong analytical/problem solving/quantitative analysis skills.
- Experience with a variety of testing methods including manual testing, test planning, testing UIs, automated testing, and backend testing.
- Bachelor’ s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related science/engineering field.
- Deep understanding of QA principles, methodologies and practices
- Experience implementing test automation framework with pytest or other equivalent tools
- Experience using SQL databases
- Working knowledge about agile principles and practices
- Exposure to git
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A self starter and team player
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
A California native who packed her things and moved to NYC on a whim in 2011. By blind luck, she fell into the world of recruiting in March of 2012. A fun fact people probably wouldn't guess about her, most likely because she has a tendency to trip over her own two feet, is that she played Division 1 college soccer at Arizona State. It was there that she also found her love for travel when she studied abroad in Rome. If Rachel isn’t matchmaking people with new jobs, you can find her globetrotting around exploring new corners of the world.