Practice Support Specialist
99 whitehall street new york, NY 10001
- Ensure that lawyers and staff in assigned practice group consistently receive high quality technical support services from the tier 1 help desk and other tier 3 resources in the clients IT department.
- Floor Support: Walk floors and follow up on calls escalated from the Helpdesk and outstanding and/or systemic issues, schedule appointments with end-users to meet at a convenient time. If necessary, escalate to the next level of support and attend Practice group meetings as needed. Coordinate the distribution of media supplies – laptops, mobile devices and accessories. Work in conjunction with AV Team to set up technology in conference rooms, including but not limited to, video and audio collaboration.
- On-boarding /Off-boarding: Setup/remove hardware/software and mobile devices upon arrival and departure. For on boarding – assist with first login: set printers and e-signature; change login password; setup mobile device and telephone.
- Practice Specific: Attends group meetings. Understands work capacity. Communicates effectively with Attorneys, administrative support and legal assistants in a timely fashion. Provide presentations to assigned practice group prior to release of new Software or technology.
- Training: Offers shoulder to shoulder training in which practice area concierge will personally engage with staff in order to identify practice specific needs. Always provides onboarding and constant proactive evolution training.
- Helpdesk Support: Troubleshoots resolves or escalates to the next level of support which may require speaking to a vendor’ s technical support team, searching online databases, software help files or other available sources. Log work on the Helpdesk ticketing platform. Maintain records of all equipment used by the end user working in and away from the office. Coordinate a/v collaboration in conference rooms.
- Telecom Support: Reassigns attorney-secretary telephone assignments as requested by Human Resources. Helps to resolve end-user voicemail issues.
- Software Support: Support all phases of problem diagnosis and resolution. Participates in the evaluation, testing and quality assurance of new software applications and updates from training and end-user point of view. Communicates to practice group on forthcoming upgrades.
- Provide constructive feedback to the tier 1 help desk allowing them to improve the quality of service.
- Provide individualized training, as required.
- Support on-boarding and off-boarding process for authorized system users at the firm.
- Develop strong working relationship with attorneys and staff in assigned practice groups.
- Provide support as required to the packaging team to test and ensure application interoperability for desktop and mobile.
- Work collaboratively with management on the resolution of support issues.
- Develop a complete understanding of the client’ s desktop and mobile operating systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate practice group needs to other IT members.
Mariela is a graduate from Baruch College where she received her degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology. She has been with TPG since January 2018 and got into recruiting by researching how to get into organizational development and then eventually it grew into a passion. When she is not in the office you can find her traveling or at a concert.