Platform Engineering Manager/Tech Lead
New York, NY 10004
WHAT YOU’ LL DO
The Platform Engineering Manager/Tech lead is responsible for developing, supporting and maintaining client facing API’ s and applications which have a direct impact on the organization. In addition to being a hands on contributor, this role is responsible for setting the technical direction of the team. Along with being a strong technical expert, this role requires a natural leader adept at earning the trust and respect of the team.
- Grow the technical expertise of your team on performance, scalability and maintainable architecture
- Lead technology architecture discussions for product development. Translate the business requirements into strategy and make sure it is well transferred to all team members.
- Advocate for software best practices within your team as well as across engineering
- Work closely with dev teams, product owners, and stakeholders to ensure we deliver innovative products to our users
- Make technical decisions based on business needs without sacrificing product quality, integrity and security.
- Work on unique and interesting challenges around architecting, building, managing and deploying solutions that enable the organization to scale.
- Develop people through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- Ensure your team members are happy by providing them with career development guidance as it relates to both hard skills as well as the soft ones. Help them exploit their strengths, handle their weaknesses and make sure they are properly equipped to perform their job the best they can
- Hold regular one on ones, conduct performance evaluations and manage the hiring process as well asother administrative tasks for your team.
- Create a culture on your team where anyone can speak up and share his or her concerns when it’ s in the interest of the mission
- You and your direct reports hold each other accountable for the commitments you both make
Our engineers are expected to wear a number of hats and have the opportunity to touch all parts of the stack.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience with back-end languages, especially Golang
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and effective software design
Significant development experience with a major modern language