415 Madison Avenue, Floor 7 New York, NY 10017
The Network Engineer will design, build, and support multiple financial clients’ LANs/WANs, in a regional and\or global environment. This person will use his or her diagnostic and analysis skills to ensure all Level 3 network issues and service requests are dealt with in a timely and consistent manner. He or she will be primarily responsible for ensuring the proper day-to-day operations of clients’ networks across a number of locations.
RESPONSIBILITY & OBJECTIVES
- Design, install, and support multiple client infrastructures. Network technologies include firewalls, routers, switches, IDS/IPS, and content filters.
- Provide expert knowledge and command of industry best practices, including fault- tolerant design, as well as security and performance optimization for mission critical implementations.
- On-site installation, configuration and testing of network infrastructure equipment for client site network moves, adds, or changes.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and exceed business expectations.
- Identify and inform project management of add-ons and items outside the Scope of Work, as it pertaining to current projects.
- Provide specialist knowledge in the development proposals for client projects.
- Leverage existing and emerging technologies to develop solutions to improve the performance of multiple network infrastructures.
- Establish an optimal network, by evaluating network performance issues, including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
- Function as a technical escalation point and provide Level 3 support for network related issues and requests.
- Ensure service tickets are closed on time and with high customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation, to ensure it is updated and current.
- Participate in 24/7 engineer on-call rotation.
- Keep current on new technologies, applications, and certifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CORE REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, or related field, or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco Networking and troubleshooting experience required. Experience with Palo Alto, Fortinet, and\or Juniper, is a plus.
- Hands-on network experience and understanding of: Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, TCP/IP, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching and routing protocols, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VPN, network security, data circuits, and application specific protocols.
- Basic scripting for process automation and maintenance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize workload, manage tasks, and follow through to completion.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, to both technical and non-technical clients.
- Friendly presence, positive attitude, and good interpersonal skills.
- Network Engineer must be able to transport themselves to client sites.
- Ability to successfully perform job responsibilities under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work late hours, as needed, during client projects or network outages.
CERTIFICATIONS: Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Network Engineer job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger and handle feel.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move equipment from 20-40 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Director of Talent Acquisition
Claire is a graduate from Queens College with a degree in Political Science and has been with The Phoenix Group since May of 2004. Claire got into recruiting while on an interview with a search firm and the owner said to her "forget working your way through law school, you have the gift of gab! You should work here as a recruiter". When she is not in the office, she is working in the garden and playing with her 4-year-old golden Charlie.