NEW YORK, NY 10001
XXXXXX is a hybrid managed IT and cybersecurity provider servicing the financial services, health care and payments industries. The company has extensive experience supporting the alternative investment space, specializing in hedge funds, private equity firms and asset managers. XXXXXX offers technology hosting, monitoring, management, helpdesk, disaster prevention and recovery, as well as managed security, 360° cybersecurity programs, virtual CISO (vCISO) support and cybersecurity consulting. With over 200 employees, the company is headquartered in New York, NY with its Network Management Center (NOC) in Norman, OK and Security Operations Center (SOC) in Raleigh, NC.
OBJECTIVES – YEAR ONE
Be able to provide detailed account of escalated cases, service alerts, outages, maintenance windows, downtime, upgrades, to our client or internal management at any given time.
· Perform advanced troubleshooting of network alerts on supported technology platforms
· Perform advanced change management and supervision or guidance on supported technology platforms
- Be the technical escalation point in Network and Voice Management Platforms
- Update and maintain documentation in our knowledge base repository
- Work alongside your manager closely to come to the best staffing solutions
- Perform tasks using the documented policies and procedures
- Network Management
- Perform systems checks to verify all circuits are functioning as expected
- Analyze and investigate interface utilization reports
- Troubleshoot disabled ports/interface
- Escalate and work with 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Perform configuration changes on network devices
- Participate in scheduled tasks like building power down and power up
- Perform firmware updates on network devices
- Experience working with the following popular network routing protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Heavy experience working with popular and mainstream Firewall vendor solutions such as: Cisco, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, F5 Load Balancers, and Panorama
- Strong understanding of first Hop Redundancy methods (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP)
- Strong understanding of layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing as well as Meraki wireless solutions
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with both technical professionals and novice end users.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Familiar with change management and ITIL processes
- Ability to provide timely and informative follow-up to end users, clients, and management with urgency.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, sometimes stressful, multi-tenant environment
- Desire to work in a support function, performing day to day blocking and tackling on system alerts, while also assisting team members with technical questions, training, mentoring, documentation, etc.
B.S/B.A. degree or relevant experience preferred
5 years in active role as Senior Network Engineer
Leadership experience or qualities a plus
cciE- PERFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED