Machine Learning Engineer
33 W 60th St New York, NY 10023
Who you are
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are passionate about data and can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to discuss requirements, design, and expectations.
- You have a strong technical foundation in machine learning and statistics, along with first-rate Python skills.
- You are excited about learning new tools/approaches that aren’ t already a part of your toolkit.
- You can work independently and manage a list of priorities.
- You enjoy experimenting to try out new ideas.
- You care more about getting things done than dabbling with complicated techniques that add minimal additional value.
What you’ ll do
As a part of the Data Science team, you will work closely with other Data Scientists, Product, and Marketing experts, as well as independently, to build and evolve our marketing automation capabilities allowing us to scale our customer acquisition strategies effectively.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining churn prediction, LTV, budget allocation, and bid optimization models
- Designing and building ML infrastructure to support marketing automation, including data connectors, ML monitoring, AB testing, etc.
- Collaborating with other data scientists to understand customer behavior and engagement patterns that impact acquisition strategy
- Master’ s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science or an Engineering-related discipline
- Experience with machine learning for digital marketing, preferably for a subscription-based business
- 3+ years of work experience developing and deploying production-quality code
- Foundational knowledge of commonly used machine learning techniques, such as cluster analysis, classification methods, and linear and nonlinear regression modeling
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and strength with queries and tables
- Deep engineering experience with Python coding, including with Python data science libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, SQLAlchemy, Scikit-learn, and Keras
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g. AWS), REST Interfaces
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with natural language processing techniques
- Exposure to deep learning using PyTorch
- Knowledge of survival modeling and Markov models
Alana is a graduate from The University of Massachusetts Amherst where she received her degree in Communications. She has been with TPG since May 2016 and got into recruiting because of her love of talking to people. When she is not in the office you can find her testing out new recipes in the kitchen.