MEP Project Manager
6023 Corridor Pkwy Suite 100 Schertz, TX 78154 US
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assume primary leadership responsibilities for each assigned project in partnership with the designated project superintendent.
- Evaluate the contractual scope of work. Plan, organize and staff key project positions through regional department heads, subordinate project managers, general superintendents, etc.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of Brandt’s corporate policy.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts to coordinate scheduling activities and facilitate successful construction activities.
- Negotiate, prepare and issue subcontracts.
- Monitor/control project development through administrative direction of on-site project superintendent. Prepare, issue and update master project schedule and variance reports to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Manage all financial aspects of contracts (costs, billings, and collections) to maintain profitability goals and positive cash flow while simultaneously maintaining a good relationship with the client.
- Manage risks. Investigate potentially serious situations to circumvent problems or promptly implement corrective measures as required.
- Actively pursue additional work through change orders.
- Ensure project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and Brandt standards.
- Attend job progress meetings as required. Develop and maintain viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, general contractors and subcontractors.
- Supervise/mentor the work of other project managers or assistant project managers, when assigned.
- Perform additional assignments as requested/needed.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
EEO Category: 1.2 - First/Mid-level Officials & Managers
- 4-yr. mechanical or electrical engineering or construction science degree (or commensurate levels of technical training and related experience)
- Extensive experience/knowledge (5-10 years) of construction design, finance, and management
- Thorough understanding or corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc., and their impact on project activities
- Strong project management skills, including
- cost control
- change order pricing
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills
- OSHA-30 certification (if not currently certified, must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire)
- Excellent MS Office skills and ability/drive to learn new software systems
- Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance