430 Park Avenue New York, NY 10022 US
Primary Responsibilities and Functions:
- Oversee the production of hardcopy and electronic documents, including those from clients, opposing counsel, and third parties, while maintaining chain of custody and handling document production logistics.
- Maintain and organize case files, both electronically and in hard copy, using firmwide dedicated platforms.
- Assist in preparing statements, declarations, and other court documents under attorney supervision.
- Prepare legal documents and briefs for filing, including proofreading, cite checking, exhibit compilation, formatting, filing, and service of documents.
- Conduct factual research and general internet research, including case retrieval from legal databases.
- Manage case calendars and deadlines, utilizing firm operating systems for effective deadline tracking.
- Prepare for depositions, conferences, hearings, and trials, including document compilation and logistical support.
- Provide assistance in eDiscovery platforms as needed by the team.
- Occasionally, travel to courthouses and agencies for document filing and retrieval.
Specific Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Paralegal Certificate preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Litigation Paralegal.
- Willingness to travel and work overtime when necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, iManage/FileSite, and Elite.
- Familiarity with CS Disco, Casepoint, and eDockets is a plus.
- Strong online research skills, including experience with Westlaw and equivalent platforms.
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills with great attention to detail.
- Extensive experience with multiple filings and document staging for attorney approval and electronic filing.
- Familiarity with electronic filing systems such as the New York State Courts Electronic Filing (“NYSCEF”) System and PACER.
- Strong research, drafting, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to build working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation, form, and style.