San Diego, CA 92102 US
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda and other documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage and/or maintain calendar by scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings, conferences and travel arrangements.
- Actively manage attorney/paralegal billable time by inputting into Firm’s system and processing monthly billing (inputting draft edits and mailing of non-E-bill client invoices) by working closely with assigned billing specialist.
- Keep current with expense reporting and process check requests.
- Initiate conflict process, draft engagement letters and submit intake documentation for processing.
- Provide quality client service by communicating professionally to internal and external client inquiries, answering phones and greeting clients.
- Work collaboratively with assigned team and section mates.
- Coordinate all administrative details on attorney projects including workflow between clients, timekeepers, production and night assistance.
- Proactively participate in training opportunities to advance skill levels and efficiency in firm software.
- Communicate with the Managing Clerk’s office on a regular basis, as required.
- Maintain case calendars and accurately calendar attorneys' due dates, calendar court appearances and other case deadlines; arrange for court reporters and notify parties and witnesses of court dates; ensure court deadlines are met.
- Assist attorneys with all state and federal electronic filings.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- College degree or relevant work experience required.
- 3+ year’s secretarial or administrative experience, preferably in legal or professional services organization.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, civil procedures and discovery is required.
- Knowledge of CA Court system is required.
- Knowledge of filing documents with courts and other agencies.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Creative problem solving skills, reasoning ability and logical thought process.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands, meet various deadlines and respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.