Level 3 Desktop Support Analyst
600 5th Avenue New York, NY 10017
Provide professional and efficient Level III technical support to our employees (customers) that are using proprietary applications as well as other client-server applications. Diagnose and resolve hardware and workstation configuration problems, routing calls to other support areas as necessary, alerting management where critical.
- Troubleshoot, isolate, and research problems, recommending solutions and escalating to the Desktop Engineering group or application support teams when necessary
- Communicate known problems and fixes to team members and other technical groups, submitting knowledge
solutions as needed, notifying management and end user communities where applicable
- Produce and analyze production reports and identify end user trends, making recommendations to management on proactive course of action
- Active Directory user administration, including but not limited to account/group administration
- Monitor Level 1 & 2 ticket/call/email queue and offer guidance when needed
- Train new staff in Level 1 & 2 Helpdesk
- Assisting with call coverage when Level 1 & 2 unavailable
- Provide out of hours support on an on-call basis
- The analyst will also need to exercise good judgment when dealing with sensitive employee security information, as well as company documentation, in keeping with corporate data security and compliance requirements
3. Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering level technician with a technical support responsibility and mindset
- Possess the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex system issues
- Strong understanding of Windows 7/10 and Windows Server 2016
- Strong understanding of PowerShell and desktop scripting toolsets
- Strong knowledge of various integrations of a corporate infrastructure
- Knowledge of networking and the basics of LAN administration
- Knowledge of, and ability to use ServiceNow for ticketing and process automation
- Excellent oral and written skills to interface with all user/technical communities within the company
- Understanding of financial business environments will increase the incumbent’ s potential for success
- Possess good time management/organization skills necessary to assist in developing IT processes/procedures and to manage own work queue, perform escalations, and assist in team projects
The incumbent reports to Corporate Help Desk Manager and has some flexibility in identifying and initiating activities to achieve the objectives of the position. The candidate is expected to be a “ self-starter” who is able to create and carry out tasks assigned with minimal supervision.
At minimum, the candidate must have a college degree in a technical field of study relevant to the position and demonstrate capability to operate in a highly technical environment.
6. Estimated Hours / Work Schedule
- NY day & on-call
Kenny is a graduate from Quinnipiac University where he received his degree in Industrial Organizational Psychology. He has been with TPG since November 2015 and initially got into recruiting through a friend from college and never looked back. When he is not in the office you can find him fishing, golfing, or hanging out with his girlfriend and dog Foxy.