157 Church Street New Haven, CT 06510 US
- Professionally handle incoming phone calls, offering assistance and directing inquiries as needed, while ensuring accurate message-taking.
- Draft and prepare letters and responses to IRS requests, collect and analyze information, and create visual materials.
- Assist fee-earners and clients by managing correspondence, tax returns, reports, and legal documents.
- Maintain attorneys' calendars, scheduling Zoom/Microsoft Teams meetings and organizing travel arrangements.
- Compile comprehensive submissions to governmental agencies, paying meticulous attention to detail, especially for IRS-related matters.
- Coordinate team meetings and track deadlines for IRS/State responses.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems (FileSite/iManage) to ensure efficient document organization.
- Schedule meetings with internal and external participants and arrange conferences and travel logistics.
- Facilitate communication with internal and external clients, serving as a key point of contact.
- Support the New Client Intake process, including conducting conflicts checks, managing matter details, and preparing Engagement Letters.
- Operate and maintain office equipment, including photocopiers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Uphold the confidentiality of sensitive client and firm information.
- Assist in entering attorney time into timekeeping software (3E) when necessary.
- Prepare Chrome River reimbursement reports for assigned fee-earners as required.
- Collaborate in coordinating the monthly billing process with accounting and assigned partner(s), including invoice preparation and transmission.
- Fulfill additional job-related tasks and assignments as requested.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven experience in a support role with a keen understanding of the level of attention and professionalism this role requires.
- Proficiency in managing phone interactions, demonstrating composure, confidence, and active listening.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage tasks and priorities.
- Enjoyment in troubleshooting and problem-solving, with a focus on assisting clients in addressing their issues.
- Resourceful, composed, and empathetic, thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in coordinating complex calendars, document preparation, deadline tracking, and contributing to projects.
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative experience supporting multiple attorneys or senior leaders simultaneously, with law firm experience being a plus but not mandatory.
- A high school diploma is required, while a Bachelor's degree is preferred.