Legal Secretary- Litigation
425 Market St. San Francisco, CA 94105
Opening for a Legal Secretary within the Litigation Group in San Francisco office.
Guided by department objectives and priorities, performs a variety of secretarial tasks to support assigned attorneys and other timekeepers. Provides a high level of client service and support while producing a high volume of consistently excellent work products. Maintains a general knowledge of the Firm’ s practice areas and a specialized knowledge of the assigned attorneys’ practice area(s) and clients in order to enhance and promote communication between attorneys and their clients and to provide excellent, personalized service to support attorney/client relationships. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position. This is supporting the Litigation practice group, specifically Securities and White Collar Litigation.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required, Associate Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years recent Legal Secretarial experience, and/or 3 years of Administrative Secretary experience.
- Experience working in a large law firm preferred.
- Experience supporting Litigation practice group, specifically Securities and White Collar Litigation.
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to apply strong attention to detail to all levels of work.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes work, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective internal and external client relationships.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff and a variety of external entities including clients and prospective clients of the Firm.
- Highly proficient with Windows-based software used by the firm, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Mac Pac. Working knowledge of database, and time and attendance tracking applications.
- Typing speed of 70 wpm with high level of accuracy.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule and availability to work overtime required.
- Excellent teamwork skills and commitment to delivering client service by assisting co-workers.
Must have Litigation experience, specifically Securities and White Collar Litigation
This individual will be supporting 2 Securities Partners, one being the Chair of the SLEW group (busy/demanding desk), 2 Securities Lit Associates, and our Senior Project Manager.