Lead Product Owner
New York, NY 10175
What are we looking for?
Open negotiator and communicator. Team builder & collaborator. Problem solver. Listens, motivates, and organizes. Help in planning, support, assigning work and driving it to completion. Overall, process management of the agile project, including reporting.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Product Owners & their respective teams
- Facilitate high-level definition of requirements with business stakeholders in conjunction with Product Owners
- Produce project roadmap and coordinate all aspects of project
On Agile / Scrum
- Guide the teams on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
- Shield the teams from outside distractions and interferences
- Support & empower the agile teams as a group to be accountable for their work
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of problem solving
- Guiding the teams on how to get the most of out self-organization
- Identify blockers, risks, issues and escalate any that require further assistance for removal
- Help remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to maintain high levels of quality and performance
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
Support to Product Owners & Managers
- Supporting and educating the Product Owners & Manager, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using servant leadership skills whenever possible, and leading by example
To Business Stakeholders
- Assisting with communication, improving transparency, and streamlining information
- Provide status reports of overall project health including teams velocity, burndown charts, milestones etc.