Java Web Developer
Jersey City, NJ 07309
hands-on software engineer to lead the development of user-facing applications.
- Design, develop, and maintain complex user-facing software for a technology startup.
- Document and build unit tests for your code.
- Work with other developers, Operations, QA, and Product Management to maximize product effectiveness.
Required Qualifications (candidate must possess all of these)
- Strong formal education in computer science (ideally a BS in Computer Science or similar 4-year degree).
- Deep understanding of DOM, XML, and JSON.
- Advanced knowledge of AJAX or similar asynchronous client-side technology.
- Familiarity with browser compatibility issues.
- Solid understanding of server-side Java.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Independent problem solver, able to learn and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
Desired Qualifications (candidate should possess some of these)
- Strong design sensibilities.
- Experience building large-scale, high-performance distributed systems.
- Experience using Backbone, NodeJS, SocketIO, Bootstrap, Nginx and Jetty.
- Detailed understanding of fundamental web protocols like HTTP, TCP, DNS, SSL, WebSocket.
- Experience deploying applications to cloud infrastructure, especially Amazon EC2, S3, CloudFront, etc.
- Real-world experience with Agile software development process.