636 6th Ave New York, NY 10011
Looking for a Java Engineer to join the Technology team. In this role, you’ ll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications. We’ re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, and loves to engage with the developer community.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in developing new, and enhance existing, Java-based web and server-side applications
- Work closely with team leads to ensure that application can access the required data and it is appropriately filtered to comply with platform-specific business rules
- Collaborate with the other members of the engineering team to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into our existing platforms
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of core Java experience. Java 8 experience, preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies is highly desirable
- Prefer working knowledge of a wide range of technologies, including: Software development methodologies; Strong system knowledge of Linux environments; Knowledge in Amazon’ s AWS ecosystem is desirable
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive with flawless execution
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
Kaitlin O'Brien graduated from St. Joseph's University in 2012 with a Bachelor's in Psychology (& Sociology minor) and has been working at The Phoenix Group since July 2013. TPG was the first interview she went on, and she felt an immediate sense of comfort around peers who were also just starting their careers. When Kaitlin's not in the office, she's probably catching up on TV shows and snuggling with her Irish Doodle, Mr. Wilson!