Immigration Paralegal (writer)
One Financial Center Boston, MA 02111 US
This is not a standard immigration paralegal position, the ideal candidate will have strong writing or journalism experience to provide substantial writing support to the firm's immigration lawyers.
This role requires at least 2 years of relevant experience and must sit in Boston for a 3 days in office hybrid work week.
- Preparation and filing of business and employment-related immigration documentation with respect to O-1 visa and EB-1(a) and (b) green card petitions.
- Prepare and finalize reference letters.
- Prepare employer support letters.
- Review and analyze exhibits.
- Draft forms and send out receipt and approval notices to clients.
- Communicate regularly with government clients and agencies.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or Business/Technical writing preferred.
- 3+ years of professional work experience required. Experience in business immigration or a law firm is a plus.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have outstanding case management skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills, reasoning ability and logical thought process.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands and meet various deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.